Midlands Roofing | Gutter Contractors in Camden, SC
Your roof is arguably one of the most important components of your Camden, SC, home’s structure. But many homeowners don’t seem to understand the importance of rain gutters.
The rain gutter is easy to overlook because it doesn’t have the same functional or aesthetic impact similar to the roof of your house. Your roof becomes vulnerable without the gutter.
Rain gutters prevent water damage to other parts of the building as well as costly roof repairs over time. In fact, a rain gutter can prevent the shifting of your foundation as a result of water damage, which can lead to expensive restoration.
Midlands Roofing is your trusted partner in Camden, SC, for superior quality gutters in a wide range of selections. Our expert team has proudly provided Camden homeowners with top-notch rain gutters for more than a decade. We are reliable roofing experts and gutter contractors in Camden who knows what it takes to protect and maintain your home’s biggest investment.
Our superior quality rain gutters are installed with precision to do their job well. Our rain gutters come in different styles and colors to perfectly match the exterior design of your home.
Our staff is professionally trained and offers prompt and courteous service. That’s why we are the top choice in Camden for all types of rain gutters.
Call our expert team today at 803-414-6801 for a free gutter installation inspection and estimate!
Why Are Gutters Important?
The gutters are important for water management on your property. During heavy rain or a storm, they will effectively channel water flow from your roof via the downspouts and direct it to the appropriate area outside the home.
When you don’t have gutters installed on your roof, water seepage to the roof deck will cause roof deterioration over time. It may result in roof leaks, structural defects, foundation shifting, and other damages over time. If water drips down the sides of your Camden home, it can exploit weaknesses in your windows and infiltrate your home.
The worst damage happens due to the oversaturation of the ground around your home, which can cause your foundation to shift.
How Do I Know When I Need New Gutters?
There are warning signs that your gutter system may need cleaning, preparing, or replacing over time. Here are some of the most common signs to look out for:
- Cracks or splits – Even though small cracks or splits on gutters may not be a big issue, they can eventually turn into big cracks and result in expensive repairs or replacements. If you don’t attend to small cracks and splits on the gutters, water can damage the gutters as well as the fascia boards behind them. It can also damage the shingles above the gutter system and the foundation below.
- Pools of water or signs of mold/mildew around the foundation of your home – Gutters are designed to flow away the water from the foundation of your home. If there are pools of water and mold or mildew near the foundation, your gutter system isn’t working as intended. There might be a clog or damage in the gutter system. Water damage can make the foundation shift and result in costly and time-consuming repairs.
- Paint peeling on or around the gutters – The gutter system is painted so that it can withstand the typical wear & tear throughout the seasons. Unless your gutter system is extremely old, peeling paint may indicate that there is water present on a continuous basis. That means water isn’t being removed by the gutter system.
- Gutters start to sag or pull away from the roof – This is one of the easiest signs to know when your gutters need repairs or replacement. The gutter system should never sag or pull away from the roof. The gutters might be full of water and pulling away from the roof due to their weight. Sagging gutters are hard to repair and cost a lot. A professional contractor from Midlands Roofing will inspect the gutter system and recommend the best remedy for your gutters.
- Water marks beneath the gutters – Check the gutter system on a sunny and rain-free day. Water marks underneath the gutters indicate overflowing or leaking water that’s escaping the gutters.
Are There Different Types Of Gutters?
There are three main types of gutters:
- K-style gutters – This is a flat boxed gutter system for modern homes. These gutters have been around since the 1970s and could hold up to 2 gallons of water per foot of gutter installed. The front of a K-style gutter mimics crown molding. This type of gutter easily blends with the architecture of your Camden home.
- Half-round gutters – These gutters are designed as a half circle. They are usually installed on older homes and historic sites. These gutters are made of metal and can add a touch of class and eloquence to your home.
- Box-style gutters – Industrial and commercial buildings have box-style gutters. In fact, a professional can easily tailor these gutters for your home. They are designed to handle heavy rainfall. This gutter uses a high-back section that tucks under your roof’s shingles.
Are Gutters Available In Different Materials?
- Vinyl gutters – These are the most common gutters on the market today. Vinyl gutters are easy to install and are made from PVC and plastic. Vinyl gutters have an average lifespan of 10 to 20 years and are not that durable.
- Aluminum gutters – These gutters are rust-resistant and lightweight. They have a lifespan of 20-30 years. Aluminum gutters can crack easily compared to other types of gutters.
- Copper gutters – Copper gutters don’t bend, warp, or rust in bad weather conditions. They are durable and give your Camden home a unique look.
Why Should I Use Midlands Roofing Gutter Contractors To Replace My Gutters?
- Our expert team can cut down your costs of gutter replacement and installation
- We customize the gutters to fit your home
- Professional gutter replacement saves your money
- Our team helps protect your siding while replacing the gutters
- We are licensed, bonded, and fully insured
- We have the right skills, experience, knowledge, and tools to replace your gutters
Gutter installation is a complicated process and should be done by a professional roofing company in Camden, SC. Midlands Roofing is your trusted partner in Camden, SC, for superior quality gutters. Call our expert team today at 803-414-6801 for a free gutter installation inspection and estimate!